The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain and monitor mechanical and computerized converting equipment in a continuous production environment. Focus on optimizing the process, balancing line flow, improving equipment uptime, and maintaining a preventative maintenance program on all equipment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine service, setup, adjustment of tissue converting equipment: wrappers, winders, folders, casepackers, etc.
- Repair and maintain all the production machinery
- Anticipate/Request needed equipment, parts, and supplies
- Remove and replace defective parts
- Identify, plan, and execute mechanical maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot and locate source of problem by observing mechanical devices in operation
- Communicate, train, and work with operators and the maintenance dept to ensure optimal efficiency
- Participate in machine down days and machine trials
- Complete assigned work orders; enter work orders and data into the computerized maintenance systems; share data and information to other team members
- Inform production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitor compliance
- Set up new product recipes and adjust existing settings and functional parts of equipment and control instruments
- Train other employees on equipment components and systems
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by adhering to company policy, rules and regulations
- Contribute to team effort.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be self-directed, highly motivated, safety conscious and team oriented
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have 2+ years of prior experience in maintenance and troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Tissue Converting experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and have a positive attitude
- Be able to work 12 hour shift, some weekends, days and nights
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must be willing to cross train in other maintenance disciplines
- Must have experience in preventive and predictive techniques.
Working Conditions - Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in and around extreme temperatures
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, climb, twist and reach above shoulder level
- Must be able to tolerate hot, dusty, humid, noisy mill environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.