US Alliance Paper is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor to primarily lead the night shift operation in the Brentwood (Long Island), NY manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
• Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner by developing a culture for where employees address unsafe conditions, unsafe behaviors and participate and make suggestions for improvement; Identify safety gaps and self-initiative corrective actions.
• Be a change agent and actively promote safety activities and participation within the safety organization.
• Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and quality efforts.
• Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees and determine shift staffing needs; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
• Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
• Exemplify and drive a continuous improvement culture.
• Utilize all available resources to ensure the product meets or exceed customer expectations.
• Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
• Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure; follow up as required.
• Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
Expected knowledge, skills and abilities to include: Problem solving/root cause analysis; leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate teams to exceed expectations; clear communication, planning and organization skills; sense of urgency, accountability and customer focus; ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environment; and the desire to advance in responsibility within the manufacturing arena.
- Must be self-directed, highly motivated, safety conscious and team oriented.
- Must have at a minimum, an associate’s degree or HS diploma/GED & equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, or industrial environment
- Tissue Converting experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and have a positive attitude
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must be willing to cross train in other disciplines
- Must be willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Availability to work shift work and overtime as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel, Word, Access
Equal Opportunity Employer
Working Conditions – Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in and around extreme temperatures
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, climb, twist and reach above shoulder level
- Exposed to hot, dusty, humid, noisy mill environment